TORONTO, March 30 (UPI) -- Some 300 people attending a weekend indoor dirt bike event had to be evacuated from Toronto's domed Rogers Center because of carbon monoxide fumes.
The retractable roof was closed because of rain Saturday night for the Monster Energy AMA Supercross FIM World Championships, the Toronto Sun reported.
Around 11 p.m., carbon monoxide detectors in the Renaissance Hotel that overlooks the field began going off and the fire department responded, police Staff Sgt. Karen Smythe said.
The Hard Rock Cafe and Windows Restaurant were also evacuated for about an hour until the air cleared, the Sun said.
Smythe said some people reported feeling unwell but they responded to oxygen treatment and none was seriously injured.
The center originally built as SkyDome in 1989 is the home of the baseball's Toronto Blue Jays and the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.