NEW YORK, Dec. 9 (UPI) -- Three New York City police officers declined comment Tuesday after meeting with prosecutors about allegations they sodomized a man at a subway station.
Lawyers for the officers had been ordered to surrender their clients at the Brooklyn District Attorney's office Tuesday morning.
The officers are charged in a sealed indictment with an alleged assault on a 24-year-old man whom they contended was smoking marijuana at the station in October.
WABC-TV in New York said the suspect contends he spent several days in the hospital after the skirmish in which he was allegedly sodomized with the antenna of one officer's walkie-talkie.
The officers have denied the allegations.
"We don't know what the people's proof is but as far as I'm concerned my client is not guilty," John Patten, attorney for one of the accused officers told WABC-TV.