Advertisement

Coroner blames deodorant for boy's death

DERBY , England, Nov. 20 (UPI) -- A coroner has testified that a 12-year-old boy died in the British city of Nottingham after using too much deodorant.

Consultant pathologist Dr. Andrew Hitchcock told Derby Coroner's Court this week his postmortem examination of Daniel Hurley's body found the boy had suffered a cardiac arrhythmia after using too much of the spray deodorant, The Sun said Thursday.

Advertisement

"It seems the presence of a volatile agent caused the cardiac arrhythmia. Daniel copiously used deodorant in the bathroom," Hitchcock said during the official inquest into the Jan. 7 incident.

Hurley died five days after the incident at the Queen's Medical Center and officials ruled the incident an accidental death.

Hitchcock said the unfortunate death of the 12-year-old should serve as a precautionary warning to anyone who routinely uses similar products, the Sun reported.

"I do not know how many people read the warnings about exposure awareness," the pathologist said. "But people need to know about the risks that these products have on the cardiovascular system."

Latest Headlines

Advertisement
Advertisement

Follow Us

Advertisement