THE HAGUE, Netherlands, Oct. 28 (UPI) -- Accused Bosnian Serb war criminal Radovan Karadzic says he isn't being given enough time to study an amended genocide indictment against him.
Karadzic, appearing Tuesday for a pretrial hearing at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in The Hague, complained to Judge Ian Bonomy that he needs more time to review the charges against him, which last month were narrowed by prosecutors to clarify the case, CNN reported.
Karadzic also said events leading up to his war crimes trial were moving too quickly, but Bonomy disagreed, saying, "I'm astonished at your reference to speed. I'm extremely disappointed at the very slow rate at which this trial, this case, is proceeding."
Bonomy, however, granted Karadzic 14 more days to the review the amended indictment, which still has 11 counts war crime counts against him, including two of genocide, CNN reported.
Prosecutors say Karadzic led a campaign that killed thousands of mainly Muslim and Croat men, women and children as part of a violent effort to rid Bosnia of of non-Serbs in the 1990s. He was captured in Belgrade in July.