FRANKFURT, Germany, Aug. 28 (UPI) -- An airplane was forced to make an emergency landing in the German city of Frankfurt after a passenger suffered an allergic reaction, an airline spokesman says.
A Ryanair spokesman said Wednesday that one of the airline's flights from Budapest to Dublin was forced to land early Monday after a male passenger reported his neck had begun swelling from an allergic reaction, The Daily Mail reported.
A leaking jar of mushrooms had apparently contaminated the flight's air conditioning, leading the man to suffer an allergic reaction.
"Somebody put a jar that was open in the overhead compartment and it leaked. We cleaned the aircraft up afterward and that was it," the spokesman said.
Hours before the emergency landing took place, another Ryanair flight made an emergency landing after the airplane suddenly lost cabin pressure. The pilot dropped in altitude to compensate for the declined cabin pressure before landing in the French city of Limoges.
The Mail said those incidents were then followed Tuesday by a microwave fire on board a Thomsonfly charter flight in the Croatian city of Pula that forced another emergency landing.