Advertisement

Final body found from bridge collapse

MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 21 (UPI) -- After 20 days of searching, the body of the 13th and final fatality in the Aug. 1 Minneapolis bridge collapse has been pulled from the Mississippi River.

Monday night, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office said the remains had been identified as Gregory Jolstad, a 45-year-old construction worker who was working on the bridge when it buckled, WCCO AM, Minneapolis/St. Paul reported.

Advertisement

It's believed everyone else who was on the Interstate 35W bridge has been accounted for, officials said.

Heavy equipment lines the banks removing vehicles and portions of the bridge, which last December was scheduled for major structural overhaul work, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported during the weekend. Those plans were called off in January and it was decided to resurface the lanes only, the newspaper said.

Latest Headlines