HONG KONG, Dec. 5 (UPI) -- Hong Kong has an official blacklist of militant protesters to be denied entry if they arrive in the city for next week's WTO meetings, security sources said.
Some 300 people are on the list, and will be jailed if they resist deportation in a detention center that has been readied for the purpose, the South China Morning Post reported.
Hong Kong is expecting thousands of activists to protest at the World Trade Organization's ministerial meeting to be held from Dec. 13 to 18 at the city's Convention and Exhibition Center.
The list, composed by Interpol, Hong Kong's Immigration Department and security consultants, named "key troublemakers," including many South Koreans, who have demonstrated at international trade meetings.
Photographs taken of protesters at the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in Busan, South Korea, last month have been given to Hong Kong police, the newspaper said.
At least one group of Southeast Asian activists had their hotel bookings canceled after police checked their names and passport numbers with hotel staff.
Mabel Au Mei-po, of the Hong Kong People's Alliance on the WTO, complained that officials had "refused to tell us how they define high-risk militants and what measures they would adopt for this group of visitors."