Keenan Allen, Will Fuller, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Adam Thielen and Calvin Ridley round out my Top 10 options for Week 5. Darius Slayton, Greg Ward and Brandon Aiyuk also are among my favorite starts this week.
You should target players who have a good chance to score a touchdown and get a lot of looks from their respective quarterbacks when considering who to start at wide receiver.
Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions players should be removed from starting lineups as they have Week 5 byes. Check out my weekly waiver wire article for candidates to add to your roster before your Week 5 matchup.
Here are some of my favorite players in this week's rankings:
Seattle Seahawks wide receiver D.K. Metcalf leads the NFL in receiving yards. He is also my top fantasy football wide receiver for Week 5.
Metcalf should be starting lineups regardless of matchup, but he should have a big day on Sunday when the Seahawks host a Minnesota Vikings team that has allowed the fourth-most fantasy points per game to wide receivers.
He should have another WR1 outing on Sunday when the Bills battle a Tennessee Titans defense that has allowed the 11th-most fantasy points per game to wide receivers.
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen lands at No. 9 in my Week 5 rankings. Thielen has already scored four touchdowns this season and should have another great performance when the Vikings face a Seattle Seahawks squad that has allowed the most fantasy points per game to wide receivers.
The Seahawks have also allowed a league-high 94 receptions for 1,345 yards to the position. Start Thielen regardless of matchup until further notice.
Darius Slayton is a great WR3 play this week as the New York Giants battle a Dallas Cowboys team that has allowed the second-most fantasy points per game to wide receivers. Slayton is my No. 18 option.
I expect Slayton to haul in at least five catches for 75 yards and a touchdown in Week 5.
The Philadelphia Eagles don't have many healthy players available at wide receiver. Greg Ward will line up for the Eagles at that position in Week 5. Ward is my No. 33 wide receiver for Week 5 and lands in low-end WR3 territory.
He is a matchup-based WR3 against a Pittsburgh Steelers defense that has allowed the fifth-most fantasy points per game to wide receivers.
The Dolphins have allowed the third-most receiving yards and are tied for allowing the seventh-most fantasy points per game to the position. Aiyuk is a low-end WR3 or a bye week fill-in for Week 5.
Week 5 fantasy football wide receiver rankings
1. D.K. Metcalf, Seattle Seahawks vs. MIN
2. DeAndre Hopkins, Arizona Cardinals at NYJ
3. Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs vs. LV
4. Stefon Diggs, Buffalo Bills at TEN
5. Amari Cooper, Dallas Cowboys vs. NYG
6. Keenan Allen, Los Angeles Chargers at NO
7. Will Fuller, Houston Texans vs. JAX
8. JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pittsburgh Steelers vs. PHI
9. Adam Thielen, Minnesota Vikings at SEA
10. Calvin Ridley, Atlanta Falcons vs. CAR
11. Tyler Lockett, Seattle Seahawks vs. MIN
12. Cooper Kupp, Los Angeles Rams at WAS
13. D.J. Moore, Carolina Panthers at ATL
14. DeVante Parker, Miami Dolphins at SF
16. Robby Anderson, Carolina Panthers at ATL
17. Justin Jefferson, Minnesota Vikings at SEA
18. Darius Slayton, New York Giants at DAL
19. Terry McLaurin, Washington Football Team vs. LAR
21. A.J. Brown, Tennessee Titans vs. BUF
22. D.J. Chark Jr., Jacksonville Jaguars at HOU
23. Robert Woods, Los Angeles Rams at WAS
24. CeeDee Lamb, Dallas Cowboys vs. NYG
25. John Brown, Buffalo Bills at TEN
27. Cole Beasley, Buffalo Bills at TEN
28. Marquise Brown, Baltimore Ravens vs. CIN
29. Sammy Watkins, Kansas City Chiefs vs. LV
31. Hunter Renfrow, Las Vegas Raiders at KC
32. Tre'Quan Smith, New Orleans Saints vs. LAC
33. Greg Ward, Philadelphia Eagles at PIT
34. Tee Higgins, Cincinnati Bengals at BAL
35. Russell Gage, Atlanta Falcons vs. CAR
37. Brandon Aiyuk, San Francisco 49ers vs. MIA
38. Golden Tate, New York Giants at DAL
39. Laviska Shenault, Jacksonville Jaguars at HOU
40. Mecole Hardman, Kansas City Chiefs vs. LV
41. A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals at BAL
42. Jarvis Landry, Cleveland Browns vs. IND
43. Jerry Jeudy, Denver Broncos at NE
44. N'Keal Harry, New England Patriots vs. DEN
45. Michael Gallup, Dallas Cowboys vs. NYG
46. Deebo Samuel, San Francisco 49ers vs. MIA
47. Emmanuel Sanders, New Orleans Saints vs. LAC
48. Brandin Cooks, Houston Texans vs. JAX
49. Tim Patrick, Denver Broncos at NE
50. Christian Kirk, Arizona Cardinals at NYJ