If you don't have an elite option, there are plenty of capable pass catchers with great Week 9 matchups. Be sure to check out my weekly waiver wire article if you are in need of a new player at the position.
You should target players who have a good chance to score a touchdown and get a lot of looks from their respective quarterbacks, when considering who to start at wide receiver.
Here are some of my favorite players in this week's rankings:
Dallas Cowboys star Amari Cooper is my top wide receiver for Week 9. Cooper hasn't scored since Week 5, but went off for 106 yards on five catches while banged up in Week 7. This week he faces a New York Giants secondary allowing the third-most fantasy points per game to wide receivers. The Giants have also allowed a league-high 1,612 yards to wide receivers. I expect Cooper to dominate the Giants in this matchup. He remains an elite option going forward.
Chicago Bears veteran Allen Robinson is my No. 4 wide receiver for Week 9. Robinson has three touchdowns in his last three games and has averaged more than seven catches per game during that span. He should have a top-end WR1 day against the Philadelphia Eagles, a unit allowing the most fantasy points per game to wide receivers. Robinson is a solid option this week, regardless of league format or size.
Buffalo Bills speedster John Brown has logged five receptions in each of his last five starts. He is also on pace for the second 1,000-yard season of his career. Brown is my No. 18 option at the position in Week 9. He will face a Washington Redskins unit tied for allowing the 10th-most fantasy points per game to wide receivers. Brown is a WR2 in this matchup.
Robby Anderson is a solid bye week fill in option for Week 9. The New York Jets pass catcher is my No. 22 option at the position. Anderson has a matchup against the Miami Dolphins, a unit allowing the seventh-most fantasy points per game to wide receivers. Anderson has just one game this season with at least 100 receiving yards and a touchdown, but I think he could log similar production against the Dolphins. Anderson is a low-end WR2 in Week 9.
Detroit Lions veteran Danny Amendola is one of my favorite bye week additions for Week 9. He is also my No. 32 wide receiver for the week. Amendola has been targeted heavily over the past two games and has pulled in 16 catches for 200 yards. I expect more production in Week 9 when the Lions face the Oakland Raiders, a unit allowing the fifth-most fantasy points per game to wide receivers.
Week 9 fantasy football wide receiver rankings
1. Amari Cooper, Dallas Cowboys at NYG
2. DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans at JAX
3. Chris Godwin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers at SEA
4. Allen Robinson, Chicago Bears at PHI
5. Kenny Golladay, Detroit Lions at OAK
6. Mike Evans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers at SEA
7. Tyler Lockett, Seattle Seahawks vs. TB
8. Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs vs. MIN
9. Stefon Diggs, Minnesota Vikings at KC
10. D.J. Chark, Jacksonville Jaguars vs. HOU
11. Adam Thielen, Minnesota Vikings at KC
13. Michael Gallup, Dallas Cowboys at NYG
16. Keenan Allen, Los Angeles Chargers vs. GB
18. John Brown, Buffalo Bills vs. WAS
21. Courtland Sutton, Denver Broncos vs. CLE
24. Golden Tate, New York Giants vs. DAL
25. D.J. Moore, Carolina Panthers vs. TEN
26. D.K. Metcalf, Seattle Seahawks vs. TB
27. Mike Williams, Los Angeles Chargers vs. GB
28. Jamison Crowder, New York Jets at MIA
29. Marvin Jones, Detroit Lions at OAK
30. Chris Conley, Jacksonville Jaguars vs. HOU
31. Kenny Stills, Houston Texans at JAX
32. Danny Amendola, Detroit Lions at OAK
34. Diontae Johnson, Pittsburgh Steelers vs. IND
35. Phillip Dorsett, New England Patriots at BAL
36. Sammy Watkins, Kansas City Chiefs vs. MIN
37. Jarvis Landry, Cleveland Browns at DEN
38. Marquise Brown, Baltimore Ravens vs. NE
39. Preston Williams, Miami Dolphins vs. NYJ
40. Curtis Samuel, Carolina Panthers vs. TEN
41. Cole Beasley, Buffalo Bills vs. WAS
42. A.J. Brown, Tennessee Titans at CAR
43. Darius Slayton, New York Giants vs. DAL
44. DeVante Parker, Miami Dolphins vs. NYJ
45. Marquez Valdes-Scanting, Green Bay Packers at LAC
46. Terry McLaurin, Washington Redskins at BUF
47. Demaryius Thomas, New York Jets at MIA
48. Mohamed Sanu, New England Patriots at BAL
49. Adam Humphries, Tennessee Titans at CAR
50. Geronimo Allison, Green Bay Packers at LAC