If you are in a league that requires starting a tight end, other great options are available this week. Take a look at my weekly waiver wire article if you need a replacement for your normal starter. My top 20 rankings can help you decide between two options to add to your starting lineup.
Here are some of my favorite players in this week's top 20 rankings:
Darren Waller has been an emerging star for the Oakland Raiders. Waller has 485 yards on the season and is coming off of a two touchdown performance in Week 7. He is my top tight end in Week 8. I expect Raiders quarterback Derek Carr to continue to target Waller and more production should follow. Waller should remain in your lineup as an elite option if you are in a league that requires starting tight ends.
Atlanta Falcons pass-catcher Austin Hooper is my No. 2 tight end for Week 8. I see Hooper having a productive day against the Seattle Seahawks, who are tied for allowing the fifth-most fantasy points to tight ends. Hooper has scored in back-to-back games entering this contest and has a great shot at reaching the end zone once again against the Seahawks.
Indianapolis Colts tight end Eric Ebron is my No. 8 option in Week 8. Ebron has three touchdowns in his last five games. This week he faces the Denver Broncos. While the Broncos haven't been terrible against tight ends, I do expect the Colts offense to dominate this matchup. Ebron is in line for another touchdown grab here and should be in your lineup if your league requires starting tight ends.
Tennessee Titans tight end Jonnu Smith could be in for a big day if veteran Delanie Walker sits out in Week 8 due to an ankle injury. Smith is my No. 13 option this week and is a great streaming play or bye week fill in. The Titans face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a unit allowing the second-most fantasy points per game to tight ends. Smith should be very productive in this matchup.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Cameron Brate should also have success in Week 8. Brate is my No. 16 option and can also be used as a bye week fill in. The Buccaneers are set to face a Tennessee Titans secondary allowing the seventh-most fantasy points to tight ends. Brate has scored in two of his last three games. You can expect at least 40 receiving yards and a possible touchdown from Brate in Week 8.
Josh Hill is my No. 18 tight end for Week 8. The New Orleans Saints pass-catcher is a dart-throw option as he faces the Arizona Cardinals, a unit allowing the most fantasy points per game to tight ends. The Cardinals have already allowed a league-high 638 yards and eight touchdowns to the position. Hill is a desperate play, but could be worth a shot given the matchup.
Week 8 fantasy football tight end rankings
1. Darren Waller, Oakland Raiders at HOU
2. Austin Hooper, Atlanta Falcons vs. SEA
3. George Kittle, San Francisco 49ers vs. CAR
4. Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs vs. GB
5. Hunter Henry, Los Angeles Chargers at CHI
6. Evan Engram, New York Giants at DET
7. Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagles at BUF
8. Eric Ebron, Indianapolis Colts vs. DEN
9. Gerald Everett, Los Angeles Rams vs. CIN
10. Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers at SF
12. T.J. Hockenson, Detroit Lions vs. NYG
13. Jonnu Smith, Tennessee Titans vs. TB
15. Darren Fells, Houston Texans vs. OAK
16. Cameron Brate, Tampa Bay Buccaneers at TEN
17. Vance McDonald, Pittsburgh Steelers vs. MIA
18. Josh Hill, New Orleans Saints vs. ARI
19. Dallas Goedert, Philadelphia Eagles at BUF
20. Noah Fant, Denver Broncos at IND