March 29 (UPI) -- All-Pro talent Josh Gordon hasn't touched a pro football field during the regular season since 2014.
And despite numerous reports that the Cleveland Browns were finished putting up with his off-field issues, the franchises executive vice president said something different Wednesday.
Sashi Brown told ESPN's Tony Grossi that the Browns could still be interested in the wide receiver.
"We're not in position at wide receiver to turn down a guy like Josh if we feel he's settled himself," Brown told Grossi.
Gordon, 25, has posted several photos and videos lately on Instagram, showing he is still in fantastic physical shape. One of the videos even showed Gordon showing off his dunking skills.
His All-Pro campaign in 2013 included 1,646 yards, nine touchdowns, and 87 receptions.
Gordon applied for reinstatement into the NFL on March 1 and has yet to hear a decision from the league office. The Baylor product was due to return from a suspension last season after sitting out four games, but decided to check into rehab instead of reentering the league.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported last week that it was doubtful the Browns would give the suspended playmaker another chance.
Gordon has been suspended for 43 of the Browns' last 48 games. He was released from rehab in October.