May 26 (UPI) -- The New York Mets activated outfielder Michael Conforto from the injured list Sunday.
Conforto, 26, suffered a concussion on May 16 after colliding with teammate Robinson Canó. He was placed on the seven-day concussion injured list a day later.
Conforto is hitting .271 with nine home runs and 21 RBIs this year.
Conforto told reporters last week he was prescribed Melatonin to help him sleep with the concussion. He said he feels fine and returned to baseball activities before Friday's loss to the Detroit Tigers.
"My swing feels fine, it feels like it was when I stopped playing," Conforto said.
The Mets are without starting outfielders Brandon Nimmo (neck/back) and Jeff McNeil (hamstring). Veteran outfielder Matt Kemp signed a minor-league deal with the Mets last week.
The Mets are 25-26 this season. New York trails the Philadelphia Phillies by 5 1/2 games for first place in the NL East Division.