April 15 (UPI) -- The Dallas Wings selected University of Texas star post player Charli Collier with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2021 WNBA Draft on Thursday.
Collier, a Texas native, was the first Longhorns player to be the WNBA's top selection and the second from the Big 12 Conference, joining former Baylor center Brittney Griner (2013).
"My heart is racing right now because I worked so hard for this," Collier said. "This is a game that I love. I deserve to be here and I'm built for it. This is my moment."
The 6-foot-5 Collier averaged 19 points and 11.3 rebounds per game last season for the Longhorns, who reached the Elite Eight in the NCAA women's tournament. She is a draft-eligible junior because she turns 22 this year.
The Wings took another post player with the No. 2 pick, selecting Finland's Awak Kuier. She became the sixth international player who didn't play collegiately to be taken in the top five of the WNBA Draft.
The 19-year-old Kuier plays professionally for Ragusa in Italy. She has averaged 8.9 points and 6.8 rebounds per game this season.
Meanwhile, the Atlanta Dream chose NCAA tournament star and Arizona standout Aari McDonald with the third-overall pick. The guard guided the Wildcats to the national championship game this past season.
McDonald became the first Arizona women's player to be selected in the first round of the WNBA Draft.
For the second year in a row, the three-round WNBA Draft is taking place virtually due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert, who announced the selections from her home last season, revealed the picks in an ESPN studio this year.
Below is the round-by-round results from the 2021 WNBA Draft:
1. Dallas Wings: Charli Collier, C, Texas
2. Dallas Wings: Awak Kuier, PF, Finland
3. Atlanta Dream: Aari McDonald, PG, Arizona
4. Indiana Fever: Kysre Gondrezick, PG, West Virginia
5. Dallas Wings: Chelsea Dungee, SG, Arkansas
6. New York Liberty: Michaela Onyenwere, SF, UCLA
7. Los Angeles Sparks: Jasmine Walker, PF, Alabama
8. Chicago Sky: Shyla Heal, PG, Australia
9. Minnesota Lynx: Rennia Davis, SF, Tennessee
10. Los Angeles Sparks: Stephanie Watts, SG, North Carolina
11. Seattle Storm: Aaliyah Wilson, SG, Texas A&M
12. Las Vegas Aces: Iliana Rupert, C, France
13. Dallas Wings: Dana Evans, PG, Louisville
14. Las Vegas Aces: Destiny Slocum, PG, Arkansas
15. Atlanta Dream: Raquel Carrera, C, Spain
16. Chicago Sky: Natasha Mack, PF, Oklahoma State
17. New York Liberty: DiDi Richards, PG, Baylor
18. Seattle Storm: Kiana Williams, PG, Stanford
19. Indiana Fever: Unique Thompson, PF, Auburn
20. Connecticut Sun: DiJonai Carrington, SG, Baylor
21. Connecticut Sun: Micaela Kelly, PG, Central Michigan
22. Los Angeles Sparks: Arella Guirantes, SG, Rutgers
23. Seattle Storm: N'dea Jones, PF, Texas A&M
24. Indiana Fever: Trinity Baptiste, SF, Arizona
25. New York Liberty: Valerie Higgins, SF, Pacific
26. Indiana Fever: Chelsey Perry, PF, UT-Martin
27. Atlanta Dream: Lindsey Pulliam, SG, Northwestern
28. Los Angeles Sparks: Ivana Raca, SF, Wake Forest
29. New York Liberty: Marine Fauthoux, PG, France
30. Connecticut Sun: Aleah Goodman, SG, Oregon State
31. Indiana Fever: Florencia Chagas, PG, Argentina
32. Phoenix Mercury: Ciera Johnson, C, Texas A&M
33. Indiana Fever: Maya Caldwell, G, Georgia
34. Los Angeles Sparks: Aina Ayuso, SG, Spain
35. Seattle Storm: Natalie Kucowski, PF, Lafayette
36. Las Vegas Aces: Kionna Jeter, PG, Towson