Jan. 20 (UPI) -- Two Australian Open participants and a non-participant have recently tested positive for COVID-19, which brings the total to 10 cases at the Grand Slam, Victoria state police minister Lisa Neville said Wednesday.
Four of the 10 cases are players and one is a member of a player's support staff.
"This morning, we became aware of three more positives," Neville said at a news conference.
Neville said one of the players was already in "lockdown" because he came in on a flight that had carried passengers who tested positive.
Australian Open competitors arrived last week in Melbourne to start a 14-day quarantine in their hotel rooms. More than 1,200 people -- players, coaches and officials -- are in Melbourne for the Feb. 8-21 Grand Slam.
Players were supposed to be allowed to train outside during quarantine, but COVID-19 cases from three flights into Melbourne resulted in more than 70 participants being considered close contacts, which forced them into isolation.
Former world No. 1 men's player Andy Murray and No. 16 women's player Madison Keys -- an American -- announced that they tested positive before the field traveled to Melbourne.
Keys has said she won't play in the tournament. Murray has yet to travel to the Grand Slam site and needs clearance to play in the Australian Open.
Judy Murray, Murray's coach and mom, told BBC that her son gets out of isolation on Wednesday and can resume "some training."
"It's a question of waiting and seeing whether he can fly out to Australia and take part," Judy Murray said. "Nobody knows the answer to that one yet."
The Australian Open main draw will take place on Feb. 4.