Advertisement

Cowboys G Martin not taking part in OTAs

By The Sports Xchange
Cowboys G Martin not taking part in OTAs
Dallas Cowboys guard Zack Martin has been absent from the team's OTAs this week. Photo courtesy of the Dallas Cowboys/Twitter

Four-time Pro Bowl guard Zack Martin is not participating in the Dallas Cowboys' organized team activities, coach Jason Garrett said on Wednesday.

Garrett said Martin's contract situation was the reason for his decision. Martin did show up at the team's training complex and went through a regular workout on his own Tuesday.

Advertisement

Martin, 27, is set to play this season on the fifth-year option of his rookie contract. He will earn a base salary of $9.3 million.

"Obviously, there's a contract situation going on there -- the business of the NFL," Garrett said Wednesday. "We'll see how that gets resolved here. But that's really the reason he hasn't practiced up to this point."

Martin has not missed a game since the Cowboys selected him with the 16th overall pick of the 2014 NFL Draft out of Notre Dame.

The 6-foot-4, 315-pound Martin is expected to attend the Cowboys' mandatory three-day minicamp on June 12-14.

Martin said last week that his focus is squarely on the upcoming season, per 247Sports.

"I think it's been better after we've gotten into the facility with all the guys," Martin said. "I really don't think about it now, because I'm with those guys working out and kind of back to normal. We'll see. Hopefully it gets done. We'll see where it goes."

Advertisement

Latest Headlines

Advertisement
Advertisement

Follow Us

Advertisement