GLENDALE, Ariz., Dec. 24 (UPI) -- Brian Elliott continued his outstanding campaign with a 24-save effort Friday, helping the St. Louis Blues fight off Phoenix 3-2.
The Blues won for the sixth time in eight games.
Elliott came into the game leading the NHL with a 1.52 goals-against average and tied for top spot in save percentage. He ran his record to 13-3, turning Phoenix aside after the Coyotes cut their deficit to one goal on a score by Keith Yandle with 6:21 to play.
Matt D'Agostini put St. Louis in front for good at 2-1 with 1:35 to go in the second period and Jason Arnott scored what proved to be the winning goal 1:48 into the third.
Phoenix had won its previous two games. The Blues put only 18 shots on goal for the entire game, but got three of them past Jason LaBarbera.
- NHL: Colorado 3, St. Louis 2
- NHL: St. Louis 6, Columbus 4
- NHL: Phoenix 4, Carolina 3
- NHL: Phoenix 2, Florida 1
- NHL: Colorado 2, Tampa Bay 1 (OT)
- NHL: Pittsburgh 4, Winnipeg 1
- NHL: Dallas 6, Nashville 3
- NHL: Carolina 2, Ottawa 1 (OT)
- NHL: New Jersey 4, Washington 3 (SO)
- NHL: Boston 8, Florida 0
- NHL: New York Rangers 4, Philadelphia 2
- NHL: Toronto 5, New York Islanders 3