CASTLE ROCK, Colo., Oct. 12 (UPI) -- A Colorado judge has granted former Denver Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox a four-month delay in his trial on a rape charge.
The trial had been scheduled to begin next Tuesday. Cox's lawyers requested the postponement, and a Douglas County district judge set a new date of Feb. 27, The Denver Post reported.
After a successful career at Oklahoma State, Cox was drafted by the Broncos in 2010. He struggled during his rookie year and was cut in September.
Cox was arrested in December on a charge of assaulting a helpless victim. The alleged victim said she reported the sexual assault after learning she was pregnant and believes Cox drugged her and had sex with her when she visited his apartment in September 2010, the report said.