NEW YORK, Aug. 16 (UPI) -- The NFL has suspended its supplemental draft, which had been scheduled for Wednesday, the NFL Network reported.
The broadcaster said all 32 teams in the league were notified of the postponement of the draft and were told they'd be notified when it is rescheduled.
The move comes as former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who left school in June after being the center of an improper benefits scandal, is seeking to become eligible for the supplemental draft -- which is held each year for players who missed the necessary deadlines for the regular draft or who have college eligibility issues.
Pryor left Ohio State after the May 30 resignation of Coach Jim Tressel -- too late to qualify for the regular draft. He has turned down an offer to play in the Canadian Football League and has signed on with high-powered agent Drew Rosenhaus.
Pryor had been seeking a meeting with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to plead his case for eligibility, ESPN reported Sunday.