Roseanne Barr changes mind about first TV interview since cancellation

By Wade Sheridan and Karen Butler  |  Updated July 9, 2018 at 10:50 PM
share with facebook
share with twitter
1 of 2
| License Photo

July 9 (UPI) -- Roseanne Barr announced on Twitter Monday that she has changed her mind and will not give a television interview this week as planned.

"After a lot of thought, I decided that I won't be doing any TV interviews, too stressful & untrustworthy 4 me & my fans. I'm going to film it myself & post it on my youtube channel in the next week-the entire explanation of what happened & why! I love you all-sign up & get ready," Barr tweeted.

The comedian has been keeping a low profile since ABC canceled the successful revival of her sitcom Roseanne in May. Barr was fired after she tweeted a comparison of Valerie Jarrett -- an African-American, former adviser to President Barack Obama -- to a character in the Planet of the Apes film franchise.

Barr wrote on Twitter Sunday: "To my wonderful fans who I treasure and love-who have carried me these past weeks when I was 2 weak 2 carry myself: I will be doing a TV interview this week. I'll tell u about it tomorrow!"

Barr did not release any further details about the interview she would later scrap.

After parting ways with Barr, ABC announced a Roseanne spinoff without her titled The Conners that will debut in the fall and star original cast members John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson and Michael Fishman.

"I regret the circumstances that have caused me to be removed from Roseanne. I agreed to the settlement in order that 200 jobs of beloved cast and crew could be saved, and I wish the best for everyone involved," Barr previously said in a statement about the spinoff.

Barr also shared on Sunday a selfie showing off her latest look.

"New hair!" she said of her blonde locks.

Related UPI Stories
Trending Stories