Oct. 15 (UPI) -- An ice-making machine burst into flames on an ice rink in New York while the driver rode it.
The incident occurred Wednesday during a youth hockey practice, according to sources, while a driver was using the machine to clean an ice rink at Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex in Rochester.
Rochester Fire Department Lt. Ryan Fleming said no one was hurt, including the driver who continued driving the machine off the rink to a maintenance area while it was on fire and a couple of youth hockey players who were on the rink at the time.
The incident, which has over half a million views on social media, was sparked by leaking hydraulic fluid that came into contact with hot components of the vehicle's underside, according to multiple reports.
Fleming said the driver put out the fire after he got to the maintenance area.