The woman, identified by the surname He, said she thinks the insects blew into her eye while visiting a relative's grave. Sweat bees are known to nest near graves and fallen trees.
Hung said the woman was found to be suffering from bacterial skin infection cellulitis and severe corneal erosion.
The insects were removed and He was treated for her infection and injuries. She is expected to make a full recovery, Hung said.
Doctors said the insects were still alive and apparently survived by feeding on the woman's tears.