Dec. 27 (UPI) -- A London family called animal rescuers when they came down for breakfast and discovered a fox sleeping on their microwave.
Kim Fryer said her daughter was the first one to spot the fox sleeping in the kitchen of their Mitcham district home about 7 a.m. Dec. 15.
"My daughter found him at 7 a/m/ and called up to me. I came down and spotted this little fox curled up on top of the microwave!" she said.
"I have five cats and a dog so obviously I have a cat flap. He must have crawled under the gate and through the cat flap!" Fryer said.
RSPCA Inspector Phil Norman responded to the home and took the Putney Animal Hospital for examination.
He had got in through the cat flap and found a nice warm spot to sleep in. He was quite happy to be brought in to the hospital for a health check but was understandably not keen on being in a cage.
"Fortunately he was quite healthy with a beautiful fluffy coat, so after a thorough check over he was released back to the area he was found in by one of the hospital staff. Good luck Mr. Fox!" a hospital representative said.