'Unimpressed' firefighters rescue man with microwave on head

By Ben Hooper Contact the Author   |  Dec. 8, 2017 at 3:27 PM
Leer en Español
share with facebook
share with twitter

Dec. 8 (UPI) -- British firefighters were "seriously unimpressed" when they were called out to rescue a YouTube prankster whose head was cemented inside a microwave.

A video posted to YouTube by 22-year-old prankster TGFbro shows his head being cemented inside a microwave with Pollyfilla with a plastic bag protecting his face and a tube feeding him air.

The prankster tells his friends that, despite the precautions, he is having trouble breathing, and they attempt to free his head -- without success.

The West Midlands Fire Department was summoned to the scene and firefighters spent about an hour freeing the man's head.

"We're seriously unimpressed," the department wrote on Twitter. "Five of our firefighters were tied up for an hour this afternoon, freeing a YouTube pranker whose head had been 'cemented' inside a microwave oven."

Watch Commander Shaun Dakin said the man was lucky he didn't suffocate inside the microwave.

"Taking the microwave apart was tricky, because a lot of it was welded," Dakin told The Guardian. "We video-called our technical rescue colleagues for advice and eventually managed to get him unstuck."

"He was very relieved when we removed a large chunk of the Polyfilla with a screwdriver, allowing him to breathe more easily. But we had to be extremely careful with the screwdriver, working so closely to his head," he said. "It took us nearly an hour to free him. All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need."

Related UPI Stories
Trending Stories