MIRAMAR, Fla., Jan. 6 (UPI) -- A Florida fire department shared a photo of a pet guinea pig being treated with a mini oxygen mask after being rescued from a house fire.
Miramar Fire-Rescue said a crew responded about 7 p.m. Wednesday to a report of a fire in a residential area.
The crew arrived to find smoke coming from the front door of the house and firefighters quickly searched the home and extinguished flames in the kitchen that appeared to have originated from the microwave.
There were no human injures reported from the fire, but the homeowner's guinea pig was "treated and released" on scene. The department shared a photo of the rodent breathing through a tiny pet-sized oxygen mask after being rescued from the smoke-filled house.