FAIRMONT, W.Va., Nov. 8 (UPI) -- A dog at a West Virginia animal shelter is going viral thanks to a post-snake bite photo of his head swollen to three times its normal size.
Pet Helpers, Inc., of Fairmont, posted a photo to Facebook of a miserable-looking beagle mix named Logar suffering from severe swelling in his head after a bite from a venomous snake.
The shelter shared pictures showing Logar looking back to normal with a comparatively tiny-seeming head only one day after being treated at an animal hospital.
"Hard to believe the last picture in the group is really the same dog. For those that are not aware Logar came to us after suffering a snake bite. He is one lucky pup!" the post said.
The saga of Logar took place in September, but the photos went viral this week after being posted on Reddit.