TUCSON, Oct. 18 (UPI) -- Firefighters in Arizona shared photos from the rescue of a 26-year-old man who was trapped for four hours in his own chimney.
The Tucson Fire Department said in a Facebook post crews responded to a University area home Sunday morning after a neighbor reported hearing a man shouting for help.
Firefighters found the man's feet were touching the floor of his house, but his body was wedged in the fireplace due to its decreased diameter toward the bottom.
The crews lowered a rope and were able to hoist the soot-covered man to safety.
The 26-year-old man told firefighters he had been trapped for about four hours after he accidentally locked his keys inside the home and tried to get back in through the chimney.
"He did not appear to be injured, but was medically evaluated at the scene by paramedics," the fire department said.