TITUSVILLE, Fla., Oct. 17 (UPI) -- Security cameras at a Florida car wash captured the moment a vacuum exploded while a woman was using it to clean gasoline from the trunk of her car.
Billy Barnwell, owner of Shuttle Car Wash in Titusville, said his surveillance camera captured the moment the vacuum exploded in flames while a woman was using it to suck up the gasoline that apparently spilled in the trunk of her car.
"It was a heck of an explosion. It just burnt everything up," Barnwell told WKMG-TV. "If you saw the video, you've seen it. It scared the heck out of her."
The woman, who did not appear to be injured in the explosion, drove off without speaking to employees about the blast. Barnwell said she hasn't been seen at the station since the incident.
Barnwell said the vacuum will cost an estimated $500 to repair.
A similar incident occurred April 4 at the Checkered Flag Car Wash in Dallas. Security camera footage shows a man using the vacuum to clean up suspected spilled gasoline before the vacuum explodes in a ball of fire.