Advertisement

Pizza-thieving Connecticut dog starts stove-top kitchen fire

By Ben Hooper
Pizza-thieving Connecticut dog starts stove-top kitchen fire
This pizza-stealing Labrador caused a kitchen fire when she turned on the gas stove while trying to snag a slice. Newsflare video screenshot

NAUGATUCK, Conn., Nov. 10 (UPI) -- A Connecticut dog owner shared video of a pizza-stealing Labrador destroying the evidence with an accidental stove top fire.

The video, posted to YouTube by user K5102006, shows a curious black lab put her front paws on the oven while sticking her head into a pizza box on top of the stove to steal a slice.

Advertisement

The dog, apparently satisfied, leaves the pizza boxes alone, and its canine siblings investigate the stove before all three dogs leave the room.

The pizza box then bursts into flames, a result of the dog apparently turning the oven on while reaching for pizza.

"As my husband and I were entertaining guests in the other room, one of our dogs decided to break into the pizza box that was sitting on top of our gas stove. Her paw turned the gas ignition knobs as she tried to put her head further into the box. Luckily we had it on video and know who to blame! Lol let this serve as a gentle reminder not to place items on your stove top and also to carefully choose the placement of your fire detectors," the uploader wrote.

Advertisement

Latest Headlines

Advertisement
Advertisement

Follow Us

Advertisement