MECHANICSVILLE, Md., May 11 (UPI) -- A Maryland woman is facing a food contamination charge after she allegedly served milk containing dead skin shavings from her feet to a woman and a 3-year-old.
The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office said Sarah Schrock, 56, of Mechanicsville, was living with Jessica Whitney Hurry and a 3-year-old girl May 4 when she served milk to the pair at dinner time.
The toddler choked on her milk and coughed up what appeared to be human skin. Hurry also gagged on her milk, and a witness poured the liquid through a strainer and discovered what appeared to be dead skin shavings.
Hurry told police Schrock has dry skin on her feet due to diabetes and "has trays in her room with the same kind of dead skin shavings that had come off of her feet," a probable cause statement filed by sheriff's Cpl. Jaime Davis reads.
Schrock was arrested May 6 at a Charlotte Hall motel. She denied putting anything in the milk, deputies said.
Schrock was charged with food contamination, second-degree assault and violating a protective order from April that ordered her not to have any contact with Hurry. She was ordered held on $10,000 bond.