Subscribe | UPI Odd Newsletter Subscribe DES MOINES, Iowa, April 28 (UPI) -- Iowa state government workers were forced to evacuate the Capitol building in Des Moines, Iowa, on Monday, after someone's lunch set off the smoke alarm. Alarms went off around 11 a.m., when an area near the Senate chamber started to smell of smoke. The odor was traced to a microwave and a burnt bowl of Kraft Easy Mac. Advertisement The evacuation was lifted after five minutes. Des Moines Register reporter William Petroski tweeted a photo of the bowl that prompted the smoke alarm. He said no one was injured. Burnt 'Easy Mac' food causes emergency evacuation of Iowa Capitol. No one hurt. pic.twitter.com/0slXoIJg58— William Petroski (@WilliamPetroski) April 27, 2015 told the Register that he's planning to write a memo reminding staff to be careful about using the microwave.