BELLINGHAM, Wash., March 19 (UPI) -- A Washington state family's nanny cam captured the moment their boiler exploded and punched through a wall of their living room.
Anne-Marie Faiola said she was at work about 3 p.m. Friday when she saw the living room wall explode in a cloud of steam and dust, throwing nails and other debris around the room.
Faiola said her baby daughter, Lily, was asleep upstairs at the time of the explosion and her nanny took her out of the home after hearing the sound and seeing steam and dust rising through the vent in the toddler's room.
Faiola said she is relieved no one was injured, as the living room holds many of her children's toys and often serves as their play area.
"When you think about what what-ifs, of course you get emotional," Faiola told WHDH-TV. "But I really need to focus on the positive, which is hey, the house is cracked in half, totally fine. We can fix that."
Faiola's husband, Chris Renoud, said the boiler explosion ripped it from its foundation and threw it 15 feet across the basement. Renoud and the couple's 3-year-old son had been playing in the room just before they left the house, about 15 minutes before the blast.
"We are all lucky we are alive," he told KOMO-TV.