Advertisement

Chemistry teacher's explosive mistake goes viral

Some children can be heard praying while fleeing the explosion in Ahmed Gabr's classroom.

By Ben Hooper

CAIRO, Nov. 11 (UPI) -- An Egyptian chemistry teacher became a viral video star when a botched demonstration caused an explosion in his classroom.

Ahmed Gabr, 38, was teaching his class in Cairo about producing oxyhydrogen, also known as "bang gas," and was attempting to create a mild reaction when he got the quantities wrong and caused a glass container filled with boiling chemicals to explode.

Advertisement

No one appears to be injured in the video, but some children can be heard praying while fleeing from the explosion.

Asim Kanika, whose child is in Gabr's class, described the teacher as a "fool."

"He's very lucky that none of the children were really hurt, just very scared and shaken up," Kanika said.

Latest Headlines

Advertisement
Advertisement

Follow Us

Advertisement