"I just kind of sat there in my car in shock," McFarland told the Frederick News-Post. "I kept thinking, what if my kids had eaten it?"
The 35-year-old contacted management at the restaurant and called the police. According to a manager, an employee owned up to having the marijuana and said that it must have fallen from her apron.
Franchisee John Louderback confirmed that the employee was fired. "As this time, we believe that concludes the issue," Louderback said.
McFarland was given a new meal and she was not charged for it. "I definitely can't say that they didn't go out of their way," McFarland said. "I honestly think they were more in shock than I was."
Although her Facebook post about the incident drew some laughs, McFarland doesn't find it funny.
"I think that's why everyone thinks it's so funny, because it's marijuana and it's going to be legalized," she said. "It could have been crack. It could have been cocaine in that little baggie."