Advertisement

Kansas man risked life to save Xbox game system from fire

Kansas man risked life to save Xbox game system from fire
Attendees pass by the XBox display during E3, the Electronic Entertainment Expo held at the LA Convention Center in Los Angeles on June 11, 2013. UPI/Phil McCarten | License Photo

OLATHE, Kan., Jan. 28 (UPI) -- A Kansas man was examined by paramedics after he ran back into a burning house to save an XBox gaming console from the flames, firefighters said.

Authorities said the man inhaled a lot of smoke when he re-entered the home after the fire began around 3:30 a.m. Friday. There's no word on whether it was one of the newest XBox One home entertainment systems with Skype, live television, the Web and apps.

Advertisement

The man was OK but the house sustained about $80,000 in damage, the Olathe (Kan.) Edge reported.

"Fire and smoke damage was extensive through the one-story home," said a spokesman for the Olathe Fire Department. "Firefighters remind everyone to check their home's smoke alarms by pressing the test button; and, to get out and stay out if your home is on fire. No item is as precious or valuable as a life."

The fire was blamed on a faulty electrical junction box.

Latest Headlines

Advertisement
Advertisement

Follow Us

Advertisement