HUDSON, Mass., Nov. 18 (UPI) -- Firefighters in Massachusetts said they rescued a restaurant employee who became stuck in the ceiling while trying to get into a locked office.
Hudson Fire Chief John Blood said Joseph Parker, a worker at Ninety Nine Restaurant in Hudson, accidentally locked some keys in his manager's office Sunday night and decided to attempt to get into the office through the ceiling, the Boston Globe reported Monday.
"He figured he could get over through the joists in the ceiling," Blood said. "It took us about 20 minutes to get him out."
Blood said firefighters responded around 10:10 p.m. and found Parker trapped in a basement ceiling above the prep kitchen.
"What our guys ended up doing was loosening up some of the piping, and lowering it out of the way to get him out," Blood said. "He refused any transport or treatment but said he felt some numbness."
Blood said the restaurant continued dining service during the rescue operation.