SAN DIEGO, Aug. 31 (UPI) -- Saturday is International Bacon Day and Americans are celebrating the occasion with at least two festivals, organizers say.
On the West Coast, people will be paying $60 a head to get their fill of their favorite crispy smoked pork, the National Hog Farmer Blog reports. On the East Coast, people will be flocking to Baconfest VA in Roanoke, Va., where for $50 they can get a "Triple Bypass Package" that will allow them to taste-test their way through the bacon offerings.
The blog notes there also is a bacontoday.com website offering this "Top 10 list" of ways to make International Bacon Day special:
10. Cure your own bacon.
9. Eat bacon with every meal.
8. Join Bacon of the Month Club
7. Introduce a vegetarian to vegetarian "bacon" products
6. Make bacon-infused bourbon.
5. Cook a recipe from the "Bacon Nation" cookbook.
4. Make a bacon dessert.
3. Throw a bacon-tasting party.
2. Create a bacon recipe.
1. Attend the bacon festival in San Diego or Roanoke.