HAIFA, Israel, July 13 (UPI) -- A routine restroom break took a turn for the worst for an Israeli man who said an irritable snake bit him in the penis as he relieved himself.
The serpent was on the small side, but it left an impression on the 35-year-old man, who was treated and released at a hospital in Haifa for bite marks.
"There is undoubtedly bite marks on the area in question," a representative of Rambam Medical Center told Ynetnews. "It seems the snake is not poisonous."
Paramedics told Ynetnews the victim was a bit surprised at the sudden turn of events, but was calm and even shared a laugh with the emergency crew about the situation.