Lawsuit: Hot sauce too hot

Oct. 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM
share with facebook
share with twitter

CLEVELAND, Tenn., Oct. 25 (UPI) -- A Tennessee couple's lawsuit says a Steak 'n Shake restaurant served their son hot sauce that led to hospital treatment.

Tim and Mary Katherine Gann of Cleveland said in their lawsuit against the restaurant, its parent company and an employee that their minor son, whose name and age were not given, ordered chili at the eatery Oct. 9, 2009, and was given a hot sauce not normally served at the chain, the Cleveland Daily Banner reported Monday.

The Ganns claim the employee who brought their son Blair's Mega Death Sauce, failed to warn him about its intensity and encouraged him to consume it.

The lawsuit says the boy had difficulty breathing and suffered hives, severe pain and inflammation of his digestive system. He was treated in a hospital.

Related UPI Stories
Trending Stories