Subscribe | UPI Odd Newsletter Subscribe WOOD, Mich., Oct. 21 (UPI) -- A Michigan couple says they found a frozen frog in a package of frozen vegetables, but they saw it before it got eaten. Marty Hoffman of Eaton County shrieked when she found the amphibian early Oct. 13 as she was preparing veggies for the family dog, who needs a special diet because of allergies, the Lansing (Mich.) State Journal reported. Advertisement After photographing the frog and sealing up the vegetable bag, Marty's husband Tim called the Detroit office of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Then he waited, and waited, but received no response from the FDA. Finally, the Hoffmans called the State Journal to report the frog find. The newspaper said it called the Meijer store in Grand Ledge, Mich., where the couple bought the store-brand vegetables. Store officials formally apologized, the State Journal said, saying they believed it was an isolated case but issuing a recall of the mixed vegetables. Tim Hoffman told TODAYshow.com, "We grow our crops on land, not in a hospital room. I know there are frogs, I know there are bugs, I know there are safety controls in place. No one got hurt, no one ate anything. Advertisement "We'll never open another bag of anything without looking at it first," he added. "If it had been in the middle of the bag, it would have gotten eaten, I'm certain of it. It just happened to be on top."