NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C., Aug. 31 (UPI) -- Police in South Carolina said a burglary suspect was stuck in a grease vent at a restaurant for more than six hours.
North Charleston police said a worker at Shoney's restaurant called 911 at about 4:47 a.m. Monday and said she heard cries for help upon entering the closed eatery, The (Charleston, S.C.) Post and Courier reported Tuesday.
Police said they discovered Kevin Michael Harley, 23, stuck vertically in a vent above a stove.
Harley, who police said was wearing socks on his hands to avoid leaving fingerprints, told officers he had become stuck in the vent at about 10 p.m. the previous night.
Firefighters freed Harley from the vent and he was arrested and charged with burglary in the second-degree. He was treated at a local hospital for minor injuries.