Advertisement

Teen recovering from antler accident

OMAHA, Sept. 26 (UPI) -- A 16-year-old boy is recuperating in Nebraska from major injuries he suffered after accidentally being impaled by a deer antler, his grandmother said.

Jeanne Reynolds said her grandson, Todd Burnett, nearly had his spine severed by the antler that he accidentally fell on while attempting to enter his family's mobile home, the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald said Friday.

Advertisement

Reynolds, who kept the antler as a reminder of a car crash involving a deer five years ago, said learning the memorabilia nearly paralyzed her grandson was traumatizing.

"I freaked, yeah, I lost it," she said of Wednesday's accident.

Reynolds told the World-Herald that despite her grandson's injuries, he avoided any paralysis and was released from the hospital after being treated.

"My grandson's gonna be OK," said Reynolds, who is still deciding what to do with the offending trophy antler.

Latest Headlines