SANFORD, Fla., July 28 (UPI) -- A 7-year-old Florida boy accidentally swallowed his "grill -- a decorative mental mouthpiece popular in the hip-hop culture, it was reported Saturday.
Bobby Tedesco's mother, Dawn, bought the grill for him at a flea market in Sanford, Orlando TV station WKMG reported Saturday.
When it fell off his teeth and began choking him, his mother tried to clear his throat. He swallowed it and was rushed to the emergency room. Now, doctors say there is only one way for the grill to exit.
"Once they X-rayed it, they said they saw it in his stomach (and) that it should pass in one to three days," said Dawn Tedesco. "But now we're going on the third day and still no grill, so I'm a little concerned about what's going to happen."
The grill came with a warning, advising parents to supervise children under the age of 12. The American Dental Association said the grills present other hazards because they can store bacteria.