MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 4 (UPI) -- Authorities in Minnesota say 14 people sickened by salmonellosis likely ate contaminated chicken Kiev and cordon bleu made by Milford Valley Farms.
"The outbreak strain of salmonella was found in four packages of this product recovered from the homes of some of those who were ill and from grocery stores," said Kirk Smith, a spokesman for the Minnesota Department of Health.
The 14 people sickened since July have recovered, Smith said, noting this was the sixth outbreak of salmonella in Minnesota linked to Milford Valley Farms products since 1998.
The affected chicken Kiev carries the code C149 on the side of the package, while the cordon bleu carries codes of C8121, C126 and C8133, Minneapolis Star Tribune reported Saturday.
An estimated 575 to 700 cases of salmonellosis are reported in Minnesota each year.