June 24 (UPI) -- Longtime Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer Anton Du Beke will replace Bruno Tonioli as a judge in Season 19.
The BBC said in a press release Wednesday that Du Beke will join Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse and Shirley Ballas on the judges panel in the new season.
Du Beke is Strictly Come Dancing's longest-serving professional dancer and previously served as a judge during a two-week stint in Season 18.
Tonioli, who joined Strictly Come Dancing in 2004, is unable to take part in the season due to international travel restrictions caused by COVID-19.
"My loves I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to be stepping into Bruno's brogues for the next series of Strictly. It's a dream come true to be judging alongside the best of the best and I promise to be kinder to all the couples than any of them have ever been to me," Du Beke said.
Tonioli said he's "gutted" to miss the season but happy that Du Beke will be filling in.
"I honestly wouldn't have it any other way and I am so excited to see him waggle his paddle," Tonioli said.
Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman will return to host Strictly Come Dancing, a dance competition reality series featuring professional dancers with celebrity partners.