Aug. 21 (UPI) -- The cast of cop comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine including Andy Samberg and Stephanie Beatriz, are celebrating the start of production on Season 6 on Instagram as the program moves over to NBC from Fox.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine was initially canceled by Fox after five seasons in May before NBC rescued the series soon afterwards.
Samberg posted on Instagram Monday an uncaptioned selfie of himself making a funny face alongside fellow series stars Terry Crews and Melissa Fumero.
Beatriz, meanwhile, posted another selfie taken by Samberg that features herself and a smiling Chelsea Peretti.
"Your dad and two moms are here to pick you up #brooklyn99," Beatriz captioned the image.
Other on-set photos taken by members of the cast included Dirk Blocker, who posted a picture of Joel McKinnon Miller, and Joe Lo Truglio, who posted a selfie.
"1st day back - Season 6 - Breakfast of Champions! #thankyouNBC," Blocker said alongside a photo of himself eating.
"Squad's back," Truglio said alongside an image of himself putting on a tie.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine will make its return with Season 6 on NBC starting in 2019.
Crews previously discussed the show's cancellation and then sudden rescue, referring to it as the shock of a lifetime.
"The Internet flipped out," he said. "There has never been a greater example then the difference between Nielsen ratings and what people are actually watching then Brooklyn Nine-Nine. We had Guillermo del Toro, we had Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mark Hamill saying, 'This is our favorite show, what are you doing?'"