June 20 (UPI) -- Production of the fourth season of ABC's Bachelor in Paradise will resume in Mexico after an internal investigation found no misconduct by the reality cast members.
The network announced Tuesday the show will "air this summer on ABC" after a "swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise."
Warner Bros., which produces the show, began an investigation last week into the possible misconduct.
"We take all such allegations seriously," Warner Bros. said in a statement Tuesday. "The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our No. 1 concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly."
The internal investigation was conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm and videotape was reviewed. "The tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy," the statement read.
A producer had filed a complaint over an alleged sexual encounter between two contestants who had been drinking in a pool, Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson. Because alcohol was involved, it wasn't clear whether any of the individuals were too intoxicated to give consent.
Olympios hired celebrity attorney Marty Singer and issued a statement last Wednesday that claimed she didn't remember exactly what happened with Jackson. "I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4," the statement to Us Weekly read. "Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production."
Warner Bros. won't release the tape to the public "out of respect for the privacy interests for those involved."
The company said it plans certain changes to the show's policies and procedures "to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants."
The series was scheduled to debut Aug. 8 on ABC but the network didn't say if the date has been pushed back.
A source told The Hollywood Reporter filming had been scheduled through June 27, but the series so far has limited footage, including the first one-on-one dates.
The castmates were sent back to the United States with most arriving home by June 12. They were informed that they "might" return.
The show features past contestants from The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.