June 15 (UPI) -- Bachelor in Paradise star DeMario Jackson vehemently denied any wrongdoing during filming of the show that led to this season's cancellation.
"It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations," Jackson said in a statement to PEOPLE. "I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws."
Jackson's statement was released hours after Bachelor in Paradise contestant Corrine Olympios said she was a "victim" of an alleged sexual assault that took place June 4 while on set in Mexico.
"I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production," Olympios said Wednesday in a statement.
Warner Bros. decided to cancel filming of the show once the allegations were made public.
"We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico," Warner Bros. said in a statement. "We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action."