Elizabeth Olsen addresses 'Fuller House' rumors

"I don't know where that started," the actress said of the rumors.
By Annie Martin  |  March 23, 2016 at 3:56 PM
share with facebook
share with twitter
1 of 5
| License Photo

LOS ANGELES, March 23 (UPI) -- Elizabeth Olsen was surprised by recent Fuller House casting rumors.

The 27-year-old actress denied she'll play Michelle Tanner in an interview with E! News after being linked to the Netflix series. Olsen's elder sisters, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, originated the role on ABC sitcom Full House.

"If I did [get an offer], I'm pretty sure no one on my team heard it and neither did I," Olsen asserted. "I don't know where that started."

"He's known me since I was an infant," she said after learning series creator Jeff Franklin was behind the rumor. "So I can't say a bad word [about him]."

Franklin previously told E! he considered Olsen after the Olsen twins declined to reprise Michelle on Fuller House. He put out "an inquiry" to the actress' agent to gauge interest but ultimately decided it "was not really a good idea."

"I am still hopeful that Mary-Kate or Ashley or both of them will come back and be a part of it, even if it's just for an hour," Franklin said in January. "We miss that. Everybody does feel that hole in the family ... But hopefully next time around, we'll have them back."

Full House had an 8-season run from 1987 to 1995 and was revived as Fuller House in February. The sequel series stars Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber and was renewed for a second season this month.

"Whoo hoo!!!! Thank you for ALL the love and support!! Season 2 wouldn't be happening without the fans!!" Sweetin tweeted at the time.

Olsen will next star in the Hank Williams biopic I Saw the Light, which co-stars Tom Hiddleston as Williams and opens in theaters Friday. The actress is also slated to reprise Scarlet Witch in Captain America: Civil War.

Trending Stories