LONDON, Jan. 11 (UPI) -- The eight-part British series The Missing -- starring James Nesbitt and Frances O'Connor -- wrapped up its U.S. run on Starz Saturday night and the cable network said the program would return for a second season.
The drama followed a U.K. couple as they spent eight years searching for their young son, who disappeared while they were on holiday in France. They were told in the final installment of the series that their little boy had been murdered shortly after he vanished, however the final scenes left a little room for doubt about his fate.
"To lose somebody can destroy a person, but to find them again once so much has passed, that can be worse," a voiceover said in a clip that immediately followed the finale.
The words "a new case" and "The Missing will return" then appeared on the screen.
No details regarding casting, storyline or return date were disclosed.
The cable network also tweeted the renewal announcement, but offered no further information.