Tyra Banks named in $3 million lawsuit

Oct. 17, 2010 at 11:04 AM
share with facebook
share with twitter

ATLANTA, Oct. 17 (UPI) -- A suit against U.S. television personality and model Tyra Banks says she featured a teenage girl on a show about sex addiction without parental permission.

In a lawsuit, Beverly McClendon, a licensed social worker, said her then 15-year-old daughter was flown to New York City ahead of her paid appearance on Banks' show "Tyra," without her consent, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

The girl answered an open call on Banks' Web site, and producers contacted her later and invited her to appear on the show, which has since ceased production.

In her $3 million suit, McClendon said she didn't know about her daughter's television debut until it was too late.

"This show was undoubtedly watched by sexual deviants, perverts and pedophiles alike," McClendon said in the suit filed in federal court last week. It names Banks, her producers and Warner Bros. Entertainment as defendants.

McClendon claimed her daughter's right to privacy was violated, and she wants an injunction against any future airing of the program, which still appears in repeats on the CW network, the report said.

Topics: Tyra Banks
Trending Stories